14 November 2007

NZ brewer going it alone

One of New Zealand's top beer brewers is going it alone. Multi-award winner Luke Nicholas has bought the Epic Brewing Company and with it the Epic brand, from his now former employer the Steam Brewing Company.

Nicholas is planning to take Epic worldwide, after it won best in class at last year's BrewNZ International Beer Awards. It also claimed a silver medal this year, behind another of his beers, Monk's Habit, a Steam Brewing Company product. Epic Mayhem was awarded bronze.

Nicholas says he will be taking Epic to the world in measured steps. The first is the launch of Epic Lager in February next year.

Full Story
Newstalk ZB
NZ Herald

1 Comments:

Blogger Peter said...

Hey, I just tried your Epic Pale Ale. Good stuff. Being originally from the Pacific Northwest I've got my own peculiar beer tastes (hops, hops, more hops).

Though I'm not generally a big fan of lighter beers, your Epic Pale Ale is definitely a repeat. Though a bit lighter bodied, your EPA reminds me very much of Mirror Pond Pale Ale.

If you make a dark hoppy beer, I'll probably weep tears of joy. Good work. I think I've got a new favorite NZ brew.

14 November 2007 at 5:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home