21 November 2006

"The hoppiest beer I have ever had"

I recently got an email from Ben at pint.com.au asking about Epic in Melbourne (sorry we aren't there quiet yet) and followed the link to his website pint.com.au, and found a forum on New Zealand beers, and it has a thread on Epic Pale Ale. Seems like a relatively new site.

Here are the comments from the forum on Epic Pale Ale.

"I was recently in a bar in Napier on the East Coast of the North Island of NZ. The owner recommended that we try a beer called Epic. And I have to say it was the hoppiest beer I have ever had. The aroma was amazing and the taste was similar. It claims to have 15 different hops in it but I suspect that a large quantity of Cascade is used. It had a slightly harsh hop aftertaste but nothing too bad. If you are in NZ I recommend that you try this beer. You can find a list of outlets at http://www.epicbeer.com"

By: Ben Hamilton

"Yes the Epic Pale Ale was amazing. The aroma was incredible, similar to Little Creatures Pale Ale or Sierra Nevada Pale but perhaps stronger.

I reckon the Wigram beers from Christchurch were wonderful too. They also had great packaging.

Though I must say I was surprised that manstream NZ beers have even less flavour than mainstream Australian beers!"

By: huntfactor

See the pint.com.au forum

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home